Things I Am Loving Right Now…
1. Ironman US Championships. It was an amazing experience to be a volunteer Wetsuit Stripper (with Susan) this weekend. It was also extremely dirty, chaotic, and exciting all at the same time! This was my first time spectating an Ironman event, and it was an unreal day. So inspiring! Pro-Athlete Jordan Rapp killed out there and it was pretty exciting seeing him transitioning out of the water. I screamed “Go Rapp Star!” (But I don’t know if he heard me. He probably was kind of concentrating on other things.) Also, Big Congratulations to Baker who had a major PR!
2. Jesse and Celeste Forever. I saw this movie over the weekend, and it was probably a good thing that I sat in the back row because I had an emotional breakdown (aka tear-fest) during the entire movie. Such a good if you want to cry. It is pretty funny as well, I just chose to cry through most of it.
3. Cool Site: Scrolldit.com. Have you seen this before? Super cool. Basically it just has interesting things that are popular right now (aka the fastest way to browse Reddit). You can browse by topic and just keep scrolling…forever.
4. Why Your Brand Should Piss Someone Off. Great Read. You can also apply this article to your own “personal brand”.
5. A Life Without Limits by Chrissie Wellington. I can’t say enough about how much I loved this book. I often find myself thinking about different parts of the book when I’m out on my run or bike ride now. It is truly an inspirational book.
6. No Trash Project Blog. This blog documents the process of elimating all trash from the blogger’s life (she literally doesn’t own a trash can). It is actually a pretty amazing idea, and has made me think about my own habits when it comes to trash. However one of my favorite posts was a recipe for “Energy Cubes“ (see photo below).
7. Delivery.com. I have always been a Seamless girl when it comes to ordering food off the web. But I recently found Delivery.com which is cool if you want to order alcohol with your meal. You can even order mini bottles of wine from some restaurants.
8. 14 Mile Run this weekend. It was a step-back week in my marathon training plan, and it was much needed “rest” week. I am still feeling very slow on my long runs but I am hoping that is just because of the humid weather.
9. Running with Carrie. Last weekend, I met up with Carrie (fellow HTC runner from last year) who was in NYC for Blogher. I love how much Nuun has brought so many great people into my life. As cheesy as that sounds, it’s true.
10. Eating Contest featuring Ben Schwartz. I can’t stop watching youtube videos with Ben Schwartz. Hysterical.