It has been a while since I blogged, so I thought I would drive right in with what I have been loving lately. I’m working on a blog post on my current “running” status (aka Eugene Marathon Training. Ekk), and hopefully that will go up on Monday!
Things I Am Loving Right Now – 2.23.13
2. Portlandia. This show is hysterical…and I’m semi-embarrassed that I just found out about it now. Here is one of my favorite clips for Season 1:
3. Chinese Medicine Books. I took out three books from the library on Chinese Medicine and I am completely fascinated by everything I’m reading. In the last six months I have been going to an Acupuncturist, and I can truly say it has been life changing. (Sidenote, but semi-related: I would like to book a vacation to The Sanctuary.) Annnnddd, here is one of the books I am currently reading in case you are interested:
4. Blog Read of the Week: This is my favorite blog read of the week by Laura on Comparison. Great post, and something I think everyone can relate to.
5. Foursquare. I was totally late to the Foursquare party, but this App/Social network is incredible. Not only is it great for seeing what your friends are doing (aka stalking), but it has helped me find so many new restaurants (lots of gluten free pizza!). I haven’t used it when traveling yet, but I can see it being very helpful for finding gluten-free restaurants & fun local activities.
7. Hu Kitchen. Officially obsessed with this restaurant near Union Square. Everything is gluten-free, and they have some dairy-free/grain-free options as well. They have beer, wine, juice, an oatmeal bar, hot meals, cookies, pudding & flying unicorns…it’s that magical. They have Almond-Crusted Chicken Tenders that I am going to try to recreate using this recipe I found online. (Wish me good luck, I’m going to need it.)
8. “The Shoebox” by Chris Young. A country song from 2010 that I just re-discovered on an old playlist. Tearjerker.
9. Lake Champlain Chocolates. Just call me a chocolate snob because these truffles are to die for (and also $3.50 each!!! WTF). They were obviously a gift at work, not a self purchase, but I can’t go back to regular chocolate anymore. Since the company headquarters is in Burlington, VT, I may be plotting a “camping/running/road trip” to the factory this summer. MUST FIND FREE SAMPLES.
10. Skora Running Shoes. I just bought a new pair of Skora Running Shoes (30% Off select styles now!). Usually, I’m a Mizuno shoe girl, but I’ve been intrigued by Skora since last Fall (they are a great social media company). I will let you know what I think in the upcoming weeks, but look how cool they look:
What are you loving right now? Any cool apps? Cool shoes? New clothes? Movies? TELL ME.