I have gone through quite a range of career ideas in the last six years…from Fashion Designer to Flight Attendant to Insurance Underwriter to Celebrity Reporter to Nurse to Peace Corps Volunteer. The list goes on and on and on.
The Truth: I am 27 years old and I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. But I kind of need to figure it out soon. Very soon. Please email me ideas. Thanks in advance.
Anyway on that note, I was thinking at least I can make a list of careers/jobs I will NEVER have (for varies reasons: too old, skill level, etc.)
List of career/jobs I will NEVER have:
1. Kindergarten Teacher. When I first graduated from college, I did some substitute teaching, but mostly at the high school level. Except one day I was assigned to teach Kindergarten class for an entire day. I cried within my first hour. I love kids, but just not 23 of them for 6 Hours a day…by myself. I honestly think Kindergarten teachers should make $1,008,919 a year. They have the hardest job in the world…and on top of it, aren’t they shaping our youth for a better society?? Talk about pressure.
I don’t know how to talk to kids so that they will listen. I end up talking to them like they are adults which usually confuses them, or they just continue to cry. Then I cry.
2. Child Star/Actress. Yes my dreams of being an Oslen or Britney Spears were crushed at an early age when I realized that I can’t sing, dance, or act. Should my parents moved us to Hollywood so I could have had a shot? Probably. I won’t blame them too much. Therapy once a week should be enough to get over my issues right?
3. Investment Banker. Just not going to happen for so many reasons.
4. Prince William’s Wife. April 29th 2011 that dream died. I guess Kate is a good choice for the William. If you like that perfect, fun model-like look. To bad, I didn’t to apply to St.Andrew University during high school…I could have really giving myself a good shot at
the crown William’s heart. Oh well, dream over. Kate won.
5. Pastry Chef/Baker. When I took my “career test” in high school, my results were Chef and Ski Instructor. (Please note that I had only been skiing 5 times before taking that test, and that result made absolutely no sense) Chef made some sense because I liked to bake growing up. The main reason being I could eat all of the baked goods once I finished. Fast forward to today, I don’t have the metabolism I had when I was 16, and more importantly, eating too many sweets just makes me feel AWFUL.
Looking back I really wish I would have taken advantage of that high metabolism a little more. Sigh.
6. Professional Tennis Player. Can you imagine how awesome this would be?? Playing tennis for MONEY. You get to wear cute outfits, you get to work out all the time, you get to be outside!,…and you get paid to endorse random things…
WHAT ARE JOBS YOU WILL NEVER HAVE?