WOW! That last ten days have been absolutely crazy and amazing! I will do a recap on the Timberman Half Ironman on August 21st but more importantly I need to Recap the Hood To Coast Relay:
I can’t even begin to describe what happened over the last four days. But I will try! For those who don’t know, I just sent the last four days in Seattle/Oregon hanging out at the Nuun offices and of course, running HOOD TO COAST with 20 other female bloggers & 8 amazing Nuun employees.
***TOP TEN COOLEST THINGS ABOUT RUNNING HOOD TO COAST WITH TEAM NUUN – PART 1***
1. Not Only do I love Nuun, the product…but I love ALL of the Nuun employees. I can’t even begin to describe how wonderful every single one of them is. It’s almost to a point where its weird…like how did so many cool people end up in one place??!?! #butseriously
Not only was every at NUUN excited that we were there, but they treated all the bloggers as if we were family.
Ummmm, hire me? #butseriously
Everyone needs to run a race in a team sparkle skirt…you will get nothing but attention and compliments! I guess handing out Nuun samples also helps with attention! (man, people love free stuff!)
Did I mention that our Team came in 4th in our division??? No big deal. Just friendly competition
3. Mason. My Favorite Leg of my Relay was in the middle of the night for a couple of reasons: 1. It was the middle of the night! 2. It was great weather! 3. I got to run with Mason, the President of Nuun & all around one of the coolest and most interesting people I have ever met!
He made the miles fly by talking about Lance Armstrong, his cool kids, and how he won the Illinois State Math Competition when he was in High School two years in a row (he still says his wasn’t a nerd…)
3. Getting your name and face on a Van. Thursday night (the night before we the race) both teams decorated our vans. Team Afternoon Delight went with a colorful, tie-dyed, sparkle theme!
I feel like I “made” it as a blogger…
You are kind of a big deal when your name is on a van…
4. Oregon is FREAKING HOT and FREAKING AMAZING. I brought a ton of clothes to wear for “colder weather”, but my first leg which was 7 miles was like running in Kenya. Okay not, Kenya, but it felt like it was 90-degrees!! Every person I passed I asked for water to pour on my head. The water felt amazing.
Cool Fact: People were skiing on the mountain when we started to run in shorts and t-shirts.
4. Hanging out with bloggers. It’s so cool watching other bloggers in “action” and getting tips on how to create a better blog.
I felt normal tweeting 24/7, answering a tweet from a person in my own van with a tweet, and talking all things blogs. It was so interesting and inspiring! (wow I’m a dork)
Dorothy capturing the moment with some photos.
Emily, the professional tweeter and mountain runner.
Yes, there is such thing as twitter jail. It happens if you tweet too much. Kelly found out the hard way…fortunately she has about 6 twitter accounts, so there’s no putting her in jail! TAKE THAT TWITTER.
Yeah, I need to work on that one. Damn it Lauren!
5. Hood to Coast Celebrities “Celebs” we got to meet…
We met the ladies of Heart N Soul who were featured in the movie “Hood to Coast”. I FREAKED OUT when I saw them!
We met one of the guys from the “Dead Jocks in a Box” Team, also from the Hood to Coast movie. I didn’t get a picture, but I did get a picture of their van…
We also got to meet Bob Foote, the founder and owner of Hood to Coast. Seriously what am amazing guy! He was all excited that were were bloggers and he loved that we were on a Team with Nuun.
There is Part 1 of the Hood to Coast Recap. Part 2 will be up tomorrow but for now I need to catch up on 4 days of little sleep!