Alright, alright, alright! I’m officially back to blogging. It has been a long month of keeping quiet about my new position at Picky Bars, and my big move to the West Coast! I’m super pumped, and thankful for this opportunity. Major thanks to my family, friends, the Picky Crew, & the Internet for being so supportive! Thank you, PARTY PEOPLE!
On that note, I need to figure out exactly how Picky Bars is going to fit in with this blog. Right now, I want to keep my blog and my job separate. As much as I would love to tell you all about my Picky Bars interview process, I’ve never blogged about my job before and this is new uncharted territory for me.
That being said, let me update you on some other things going on in my life. HOLLA:
1) Lehigh Valley Marathon – Sept 8th. Wahoo! I am 9 days away from the Lehigh Valley Marathon, and my training has been going great for the past 6 weeks. I’m off the injury list with a miraculously recovery after I gave up wearing flip-flops while riding my Citibike every day to work.
I have been running a lot of my weekday runs with Nicole, which has been awesome since she is faster than I am. My biggest issue has been my lack of sleep in the last month due to: (1) excitement (see new job link above), (2) working full-time at my current job until Sept 3rd (3) packing like crazy (4) hanging out with my friends & family (5) training for a marathon [minor detail] and oh yeah, (6) planning all the details of moving across the country. NBD.
Yes, I’m still gunning for the BQ at Lehigh. YIKES!
Mentally, I haven’t been focused on my running as much as I have before past marathons. I have blocked out all negative and positive thoughts about running, and I just go run. Physically, I feel good about how my training is going. Usually during a marathon taper, I am freaking out, but I don’t have time to freak out! And I can’t complain at all…life is pretty great right now.
2) Runner’s World Half - Oct 18th – 20th. Hey, Hey! I haven’t been able to write a about this yet, but I am going to Runner’s World Half Marathon this year. BOMB DIGGITY! I was invited prior to my new job, and I’m really excited to be able to come back to the East Coast to hang out with some bloggers, run a couple awesome RW races, and meet some pretty amazing “special guests”.
You should totes come run! East Coast, holla! Here are some discount codes for the Runner’s World Half, and please let me know if you are going to run:
* 10% off Half: jcbonnRWHalf
* 10% off Hat Trick: jcbonnRWHat
3) Moving to Bend, OR! The Game Plan: I leave for Philly on Friday, September 6th to hang out with some friends. Then, I’m going to run the marathon with Jayme on Sunday, September 8th. On Monday, September 9th, I leave for Bend, Oregon. Some [my mom] may say that I’m on the “treadmill of life”, but I seriously can’t complain. Whatever, mom. I’m probably only going to have a couple of nervous breakdowns in the next two weeks. Just kidding, Picky Crew!
Let’s do this!
Let me know what questions you have for me about job, moving, marathon? And hopefully, I can answer them over the weekend.